Before you think of something nice to appease your throbbing, make certain to consider an out-of-town trip and ensure you step afoot in these pristine destinations that would make you be at peace and loosen up.
1. Boracay – sea, sand, sun and shopping rolled into one. Boracay is well known for its immaculate fine white sand beaches and hospitable folks. Even if you are in the Philippines, you get to see and encounter a melting pot of local and international cultures blending into one small paradise.
|Boracay Island, Aklan|
2. Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte – a coastal resort town on the northernmost tip of Luzon. Its white-sand beaches and crystal-blue water makes Pagudpud a haven for tourists. Saud Beach is where all the resorts are; the waters off Saud Beach are emerald-colored even during cloudy weather or when its waves are rough. The beach is long, palm-fringed and with less people and on a clear day, one can see the Bangui Windfarm in the distance. Maira-Ira Point is an emerging attraction with its secluded beach known as the Blue Lagoon. Some other attractions you should not fail to visit in Pagudpud are the Bangui Windmills, Cape Bojeador Lighthouse and Patapat Viaduct.
|Saud Beach, Borayoc Point|
3. Bohol – the lumbering Chocolate Hills that you always see in postcards has always been a call of enticement. Get to dine-in in the renowned floating restaurants while cruising along the Loboc River. Don’t fail to visit the tarsier sanctuary in the midst of the towns of Sicatuna and Corella. Bask in the fine beaches of Panglao and Anda.
|Chocolate Hills, Luboc River & Tarsier Sanctuary|
4. Palawan – gifted with such adorable and whimsical romantic beaches that keep entrancing everyone with its beauty. Amanpulo, El Nido, Coron and Miniloc Island have enticed tourist to visit and bathe in its natural charm.
|El Nido, Palawan|
5. Tagaytay City – a resort city within a city. It is easily accessible making it a prime tourist vacation spot for those who wanted to escape the bustling polluted air of Metro Manila. Taal Lake and Volcano stands-out as the most admired and engaging landscape back dropped with the unsullied chill of the highlands.
|View of Taal volcano and lake seen from the highlands of Tagaytay|
6. Baguio City – undeniably the cold weather makes Baguio City an ideal place to snuggle with your loved one making it a blissful place for honeymooners. Baguio City offers plenty of destinations to visit such as the Burnham Park, Wright Park, Baguio City Cathedral, Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, Mines View Park, the Philippine Military Academy, Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, The Bell Church, Camp John Hay and a lot more.
|Kennon Road, Baguio City|
7. Metro Manila – the gateway to Islands Philippines tour. Metro Manila is a shopping haven for local and foreign tourist. Conveniently located in the heart of commercial and business districts, magnificent malls abound the metropolis and center stage to fine dining and shopping concept. If you are considering expenditure as a deterring factor, never fear; Mega Manila shopping caters to the upscale, middle class and the super bargain-seekers. Simply put into practice your haggling expertise, a wink, lots of smiles and Viola’…. your deal is done....
|Bonifacio Global City|
8. Davao – adjacent to Davao City is Mt. Apo, the country's highest peak and home to the monkey-eating Philippine Eagle, an endangered species, and the waling-waling, a rare orchid of exceptional beauty. Home to a number of pristine beaches like Pearl Farm Beach Resort, Davao sets the pace to your relaxing weekend. Don’t forget to try-out the most exigent itinerary when you’re in Davao – the Durian Challenge.
|Davao Pearl Farm|
9. SBMA Freeport, Subic – a whapping and guaranteed pleasure trip for the whole family. SBMA Freeport, Subic is a total-adventure-theme-park destination. Checked-in in one of the former US service men’s villas along El Kabayo and Binictican Drive. Must-see attractions are the Zoobic Safari, Ocean Adventure, Jungle Environment Survival Training, Tree Top Adventure and the vast bastion of immaculate forests and pristine beaches.
10. Sagada – is one popular destination in Mountain Province. The long trip alone is hardly a pleasurable one. Sagada boasts its cold climate, lush vegetation, very clean environment, and rich culture. Sagada is famous for its hanging coffins. Popular activities include trekking, exploring caves and waterfalls, spelunking, bonfires, picnics, rappelling, visiting historical sites, nature hikes, and participating in tribal celebrations.
|Rice Terraces in Sagada, Mountain Province|
Photo Credits: Wikimedia